Practical Skills Web Development Diploma Program (PSWD)
Gain real-world work experience!
This mentorship-styled program provides students with the tools necessary to ensure success in the field of Web Development. Students will upgrade their core skills learned in the Drupal Open Source Development & eCommerce Diploma program while navigating their way through dealings with live clients. The program provides excellent real-world experience, training students to manage multiple projects and giving graduates quality websites with which to enhance their work portfolio.
- Web Design/development is a highly employable field either full-time, part-time or contract.
- Many jobs allow telecommuting and are very flexible in Web Design/Development, making working from home a possibility.
- The computer skills learned will be a great assistance in any industry, across Canada and the world.
- Employers often call Q College to recruit job-ready students.
Upon completion of this course the successful student will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Use a software development process to guide project planning & implementation
- Collaborate with clients on an individual basis
- Collaborate with clients as part of a development team
- Manage client expectations & communicate developer responsibilities
- Develop a design vision based on client goals & user expectations
- Develop comprehensive information architecture, wireframes & sitemaps
- Efficiently manage project scope, budget and timelines
- Train clients on self-administration and use of their website
The Practical Skills Web Development (PSWD) program provides successful students with a diploma.
The course is delivered in the full time format.
220 hours of instructor led group learning
Tuition & Fees:
For information on Tuition Fees, please click here
The following are admission requirements for PSWD and may not be waived by the student or the institution
- Copy of a valid photo ID or birth certificate
- Applicants must hold a high school diploma or be at least 19 years of age or older
- Students under the age of 19 require their parent or guardian’s signature.
- Successful completion of the Web Development and Digital Marketing certificate and/or the Drupal Open Source Development and Ecommerce Program (or equivalent experience), or be proficient in design or development demonstrated with a portfolio or complete a prior learning assessment with a Q College staff member.
January 22nd 2018 to April 18th 2018
May 15th 2018 to August 8th 2018
September 10th 2018
Please contact us to reserve your place.
Toll Free: 1-866-702-5278
We can schedule custom versions of these courses at anytime so if the dates don’t work, just tell us ones that do.