Desktop publishing no longer means strictly print. This course teaches the foundations necessary to make sound design & technical decisions based on the needs of the customer when developing materials. In order to develop an appreciation for brand integrity, students can expect to learn the basics of developing a brand guide and the tools necessary to apply and maintain brand continuity. Students will also be learning typography and design basics as they pertain to page layouts and spreads or packaging as well as technical skills required to meet the specs of a variety of specialized printers.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the skills to work in the field of Graphic Designs in any of the following capacities:
- Self-employed Jr. Graphic Designer
- A Jr. Graphic Designer in a studio or office
- Jr. In-house Print Specialist
The following are admission requirements for each program and may not be waived by the student or the institution:
- Applicants must provide a valid photo ID or birth certificate
- Applicants must hold a high school diploma or be at least 19 years of age
- Students under the age of 19 require their parent or guardian’s signature
- Applicants must successfully pass the Basic Computer Skills Assessment
- Successful completion of Web Development and Digital Marketing or completion of a basic skills assessment and demonstration of skills in graphic design”
- Total of 330 hours of instructor-led group learning
- Monday-Friday for 12 weeks at 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 14 students
Tuition & Fees:
- Tuition $7,200.00
- Administration Fee $ 150.00
- Lab Fee: $150.00
- AchievingFee: $10.00
An interview and basic skills assessment prior to enrollment evaluates the potential student’s ability to succeed in the course.
To apply please email our team at Q College.