Drupal is everywhere!
Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites, like NASA, the White House, IKEA and Twitter's development community. It's built, used and supported by an active and diverse community of people around the world. Since 2006, Drupal jobs have skyrocketed in comparison to other CMS platforms. The demand for Drupal talent far exceeds the supply, even in today's economy. Web companies are having a hard time finding Drupal developers and are always on the lookout for skilled and certified employees.
- Web Design/Development is a highly employable field either full-time, part-time or contract.
- Many jobs allow telecommuting and are very flexible in Web Design/Development, making working from home a possibility.
- The computer skills learned will be a great assistance in any industry, across Canada and the world.
- Employers often call Q College to recruit job-ready students.
Learn the Core Requirements for Creating Drupal Websites:
The Drupal Open Source Development & eCommerce Diploma Program provides students with essential tools necessary to be able to build and maintain a CMS (Content Management System) based website.
Upon completion of this course the successful student will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Install, configure, and customize Drupal
- Manage server-side configuration using command line tools
- Understand the complexity of Drupal architecture
- Produce comprehensive Information Architecture for design & development
- Analyze and document project requirements
- Create blogs; discussion forums; member profiles
- Use state-of-the-art tools for server configuration and code versioning
- Do backups/updates; security/roles/permissions; menu navigation
- Develop flexible page layouts and CSS for multiple device theming
- Use PHP to customize various themes and functionality
- Develop a secure and scalable eCommerce website
- Maintain the integrity and security of a Drupal website for maximum efficiency
- Employ a fit-for-purpose software development process
- Carry a concept for a CMS from inception to completion
The Drupal Open Source Development & eCommerce (DOSD) program provides successful students with a diploma.
- 330 hours of instructor led group learning
- 5 days a week, across 12 weeks, for 6 hours a day (9:00 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- class size is limited to a maximum of 14 students.
Part-time course: Successful candidates may qualify for training delivered in an accelerated format
- 100 hours of instructor led training
- 3 hour sessions
Tuition & Fees:
For information on Tuition Fees, please click here
The following are admission requirements for DOSD and may not be waived by the student or the institution:
- Applicants must provide a valid photo ID or birth certificate
- Applicants must hold a high school diploma or be at least 19 years of age
- Students under the age of 19 require their parent or guardian’s signature
- Successful completion of the Web Development and Digital Marketing certificate program, or be proficient in design or development demonstrated with a portfolio or complete a prior learning assessment with a Q College staff member.