Were searching for an amazing Growth Product Designer to help us build and grow a new generation of social action and civic engagement tools.
If youve got:
- Excellent product design skills – crafting compelling user experiences and easy to use, loved products.
- A passion and skill for the intersection of user experience, business, marketing, and data.
- A bias for action and a results orientation that leads you to want to ship designs fast, learn from both quantitative and qualitative data, and iterate quickly.
Then stop what youre doing right now. We need you. We need you to join our small and mighty team of cross-functional designers, and work alongside some of the worlds most talented activists, campaigners, communicators, technologists and product managers. Were solving big problems, and were looking for someone excited for that challenge.
Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us and help empower hundreds of millions of people to have a voice and fight injustice.
Wait, back up a moment. What is Change.org?
With almost 200 million users were the worlds largest technology platform for social change. Were a social impact business, and were aiming to build a world where no one is powerless and where creating change is a part of everyday life.
Our team spans 18 countries and our users win campaigns for change almost once every hour. From strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa; fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil; ending the ban on gay Boy Scouts in the US; to fighting violence against women in India. See examples of our impact: https://www.change.org/impact
We also do everything we can to look after our 120+ staff, unlimited vacation that actually gets used, and 18 weeks parental leave are just the beginning. The team themselves are high impact, low ego and incredibly inspiring.
Ok, youve intrigued me. Give me some details of the role.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Obsess over what motivates or prevents people from taking social action on the issues they care about. Whether its signing petitions, contributing money or holding the powerful accountable – your core job will be to turn the apathetic into the active, the disengaged into passionate advocates.
- Identify opportunities and pain points across the user experience that have the potential to significantly improve acquisition, activation, retention, referrals or revenue.
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and Campaigners to develop and prioritize solutions.
- Rapidly create user flows and pixel perfect designs that solve user problems, generate business value, and bring our brand to life. Obsess over the details, and polish.
- Ship designs and test, test, test, test. Understand what works from digging into quantitative data, and understand why through doing qualitative research. Learn, iterate, and improve.
- Learn and grow your expertise to succeed – in addition to your design practice, immerse yourself in campaigning, activism, marketing, and copywriting.
- Youll be an equal partner in design planning and strategy, and own product areas from concept to release.
- Wake up excited to work. Youre building the world's largest platform for social change and empowering people everywhere to create the change they want to see.
This describes you:
- 5+ years of design experience or a portfolio that speaks to your design experience.
- Youve worked on a consumer web product or have excellent experience in an agency setting.
- You understand user needs, space, form, typography and flow in order to create great user experiences.
- A passion and skill for the intersection of user experience, business, marketing, and data. This could be from experience as a designer on a growth team, or from work or immersion in related fields.
- You have the ability to turn complex and overlapping objectives into clearly defined complementary objectives for teams to execute on.
- You have a bias towards action and a results-driven mentality. Youre persistent and unwilling to lose or leave problems unsolved.
- Design tools experience: From Adobe Illustrator to Sketch to whatever you think does the job best. Youre tool agnostic and happy to try or share new ones.
- A practical understanding of front-end technologies (HTML/CSS) and how your designs could be implemented. Bonus if you can do your own prototyping and front end work.
- Youre transparent, proactive, and have clear written and verbal communication skills.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
- This is a full-time role based in Victoria, BC (Canada) or San Francisco, CA (USA).
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Were working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. Were just getting started and hope youll join us.