EMAIL MARKETING ASSISTANT
Frontier Marketing Co
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers (0611)
NOC Job Title: Web Marketing Manager
Expires in 36 days
Last Updated: 2017-05-05
Job Number: 391403
Victoria, British Columbia
Email Marketing Assistant
Frontier is a marketing agency that helps charities efficiently grow. We are currently working with 12 charities across Canada. Our strategic focus is in four areas: digital (web + email), print campaigns, monthly donor programs, and new donor acquisition.
You’re a technology enthusiast who is passionate about creating for a purpose. You are familiar with basic HTML and editing content on WordPress sites. You understand the digital world, can expertly navigate responsive email on all sorts of browsers and devices. You’re focused on results. You’re very organized, love details, are a natural communicator, and can manage multiple deadlines and due dates at the same time. You have a friendly presence and patience to communicate with our clients.
You’ll work directly with Frontier’s Fundraising Lead, Mariam, and Production Manager, Sophie in the development and implementation of digital campaigns including: e-blasts, e-newsletters, and social media management.
- Ensure strong communication with Mariam, Sophie and internal team to maintain update on status, risks, and issues regarding campaigns and production.
- Abide by production schedule and priorities.
- Use productivity and collaboration app (Trello, Google Docs, Slack, etc.) consistently and actively.
THE MUST HAVES
- Post-secondary education or relevant experience.
- Comfort writing for both digitally published and print campaigns.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Sophie, Mariam and internal team to maintain an efficient workflow. This includes abiding by production schedule and priorities.
Digital Campaigns (Ongoing)
- Code email templates from PSD design.
- Build emails based on a project plan of copy and assets.
- Building emails in MailChimp (follow project plans to a tee and inputting text and images).
- Coordinate copy and assets from members in Design and Content teams.
- Test email campaigns in Emails on Acid; multiple devices, virtual machines etc. to ensure compatibility.
- Send test emails to clients.
- Receive and implement edits.
- Create basic landing pages as required by email campaigns.
- Ensure emails are ready to be sent according to campaign timelines.
- Create, update, and test donation confirmation emails.
- Maintain client email archives.
Website Campaign Assets (Ongoing)
- Upload Campaign Assets for client preview and approval.
- Edit and optimize client website text and images as needed.
- Coordinate and file incoming image assets from clients.
- Maintaining client website media gallery and archives.
- Build e-newsletters for all clients by implementing copy and images.
Social Media (Ongoing)
- Updating social media assets (cover images, posts).
- Post and monitor social media according to campaigns.
THE NICE TO HAVES
- Familiar with MailChimp, Sparkpost and other email service providers (Gmail, Outlook etc.)
- Online Marketing Experience (SEO, Yoast, Google, Facebook Business Manager, etc.)
- Google Analytics experience
- Basic CSS
- Experience working for or volunteering with a charity or nonprofit.
- 15 hours a week at $15/hour with possibility for increased hours and advances as time goes on. Start date June 1 2017.
Email your interest with a resume, cover letter, and any links, videos, resources and attachments you like to [email protected].
How to Apply
Expiring: Jun 15, 2017