Job Posting: Course Developer
LifeLearners offers online education helping people of all ages thrive through times of transition – from securing sustainable housing, gainful employment, financial security and future planning, and self-care and nutrition. We help learners develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to live well. Courses are interactive, engaging and designed around the specific life skills you need to help you succeed in life.
The Course Developer is responsible for the development of our interactive course materials for our eLearning program. The developer will work closely with content matter experts to create modules based on existing instructional designs. The Course Developer will be responsible for updating and adapting current eLearning materials. This role will also be responsible for the management and maintenance of our learning management system (LMS).
• Relevant post-secondary education an asset
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
Knowledge and Experience:
• Proven experience with course authoring software including Articulate Storyline
• An eye for design and UX sensibilities
• Experience producing course materials and administering them through an LMS
• A passion for course design and development
• Initiative, adaptability, and resourcefulness to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
• Graphic design — visual storytelling (an asset)
• The ability to work closely with curriculum developers and to implement existing instructional designs
• Create and integrate interactive elements including graphics and other content
• Update and curate current e-learning materials
• Assist in the process of procuring/implementing/administering a learning management system (LMS)
• Competitive compensation based on experience. Range is $23.00 – $27.00 / hour
• Full-time 37.5 hours per week.
• Flexible on days worked and which hours.
Please send resumes to [email protected]